XAYA Seeks to Disrupt Online and Video Gaming Industry with Blockchain
The project is building a blockchain-based gaming platform to satisfy the needs of both developers and gamers.
XAYA is a dedicated blockchain where developers can build gaming apps of various complexity. It employs the game channels solution to deal with scalability issues and offers an array of innovative technologies including atomic transactions, human mining, multi-algorithm currency, and global game states.
Why take online and video games to blockchain?
The distributed ledger technology (DLT) helps solve numerous problems experienced by developers and gamers alike. Cheating, game fraud, and hacking have been plaguing the industry for years, eroding trust among the participants and stealing the joy of playing. Blockchain can stop this “online epidemic” due to its transparency and immutability features.
Apart from that, the decentralized nature of the platform allows eliminating game servers and moderators from the gaming ecosystem, which will lead to reduced costs and enhanced efficiency in development, deployment, and game process.
Other benefits of blockchain-based gaming platforms include:
- Blockchain provides layers of transparency to games.
- Developers cannot confiscate in-game properties, and gamers are empowered with true ownership.
- It allows play-to-earn gaming through the use of a tokenized structure.
Why the XAYA platform stands out
XAYA solves the most acute problem faced by platforms where dApps can be deployed by taking the game process off the chain to reduce the load on the main network and avoid undesirable slowdowns or even a collapse due to scalability issues.
The idea is simple: games between two or more participants unfold in a so-called game channel, which is similar to payment channels in the Bitcoin network. All the details of a game stay off blockchain, and only starting positions and outcomes are recorded in the main network. This structure allows to prevent cheating while also saving precious space and keeping transaction fees low.
Unlike dApps based on Ethereum smart contracts, XAYA keeps the game a private affair and does not require the whole network to validate every single move in the game.
XAYA co-founder and CTO Daniel Kraft explains:
“When games are created using Ethereum smart contracts, then the rules of the game are enforced through the code in the contracts. This means that everyone on the network, including miners and full nodes who are not actually interested in that particular game, has to run the code and validate every transaction and move in the game. This is a big problem, especially if game logic gets complicated—it puts unnecessary computational load onto the whole network, and as a consequence pushes up transaction fees (the gas price in Ethereum) for the users of the game as well as everyone else.”
What else XAYA has to offer
- Ephemeral timestamp - a feature used to obtain network proof for a specific event;
- An atomic transaction - a mechanism for preventing instances where a gamer pays for an item but does not receive it;
- Multi-algorithm cryptocurrency - a technology that ensures security, fair distribution, and resilience;
- Human mining - a way to distribute coins based on skill, intelligence, and human time/labor.
- Decentralized autonomous universes – solutions that feature true and fair in-game assets ownership, a fast and cost-efficient game marketing system, failure-free operation 24/7, and unlimited game worlds free of censorship.